You are here: Home Living & Working Permits, Visas & Red Tape Information for Nordic citizens

Information for Nordic citizens

As a Nordic citizen you are free to reside, study and work in Denmark without a permit

STDK. Students in lab

As a citizen of Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden you are free to reside, study and work in Denmark. You do not need a visa, residence permit or work permit.

As a Nordic citizen you can also enter Denmark without a passport. However, you must be able to identify yourself if required, for instance if you are staying in a hotel. Your driver's licence or credit card will do.

To find out more, visit Hallo Norden – the Nordic Council of Ministers' official information website, which  is particularly relevant to students, jobseekers or people who wish to move from one Nordic country to another.

Useful links
Hallo Norden

Regional state administration